Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Reality Show Idea

I think we have the makings of a hit reality show (or a sick psychological experiment which is really what reality shows are, aren't they?). Ok, here's the synopsis:

  • Setting: Lock a 2 year old and his/her parents in the child's bedroom for a week.
  • Rules: They can bring as many toys and other comforts as they can carry in a wagon. Food can be selected from a limited menu and will be provided 3 times a day.
  • Goal: To see who cracks first, the child or the parents.

No need to try this at home, we can tell you the outcome from our limited field research. It's definitely the parents. Surprised? So were we. And that's the kind of dramatic surprise that will draw in viewers.

We thought today might be the day her counts would be high enough to go home but alas no such luck. We're hoping for tomorrow. I think if they haven't rebounded, we may be forced to flee under the cover of darkness.

I've realized that all of my prayer requests have been asking for help. Tonight, I'll include some praises:

  • Praise God for every giggle. Even the one at 6:30 as I was awakened by a pacifier on my nose and a little voice saying "tickle, tickle, tickle"
  • Praise God for every happy memory. Since we can't go for walks, we talk about the walks we have taken in the past. Last night we talked about our trip to the beach last summer and Lillian remembered all the people we were with (Traci, Todd, Nana, Papa, Jack, Ry-Ry) and building sand castles.
  • Ask God that her counts would rebound so that she feels better and so that we can get out of this little room.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori,

Your sense of humor never ceases to amaze me :) I am thinking of you all and hope that I will get a chance to catch up with you soon.

Love,
Amber

The Tucson Gang said...

Love it! It's important to keep the humor in these situations...

:-) Traci

Anonymous said...

Dear Lori, Jeff, and Lillian,

We are amazed at the stamina you all have. We cannot even begin to imagine the roller coaster ride you have been on. We think of you often and check your blog. It is a wonderful way to communicate.

Lillian sounds like a real trouper! Be sure to take care of yourselves, too! Your sense of humor and your faith will get you though the toughest situations. You have our unending support!

Tom and Paula

Jennifer said...

Lori,
I feel like I should be making you smile, not the other way around. We're praying for you guys. I hope ched has been good to you...
Love,
Jenn