Saturday, March 3, 2007

Cancer Community

If there is any good to come from cancer, it is the community of fellow fighters, caregivers and survivors that is created. I want to share the websites of two of our favorite super-strong Doernbecher fighters so that our amazing support team can pray for them as well.

Grady is a dino-lovin', cancer-killin' little man with Leukemia. You can check out his story on caringbridge.org/visit/gradynewsom. He is battling a fever right now too so please pray that his counts continue to stay high and his cultures come back negative so he can fight the fever in the comforts of home. And a huge thank you to his mommy, Katie, for bringing us a yummy home-cooked meal tonight! Yum-o!!

Lexie is the sweetest little 3 1/2 month old who has been battling a brain tumor from birth. She's going through the same chemo as Lillian and is on her 4th round as we speak. Pray that this chemo and her tumor resection surgery planned for March 22nd both go perfectly. As her mommy, Robyn, says "these are God's children not the doctors. Don't tell us what they can't do." Gotta love that passion and fight! Amen sister, through God all things are possible. You can keep up with Lexie's fight at caringbridge.org/visit/lexiethornton.

Thank you for expanding your support circle to include these amazing kids! We feel very blessed to count these two families as founding members of our cancer community.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori and Jeff,

Robyn just sent me a note about Lillian, I am ready to help in any way you need. First, and most importantly, I am praying. I have several close friends that are as well and many of their friends. My heart is so heavy for you both, but I have seen the incredible strength in you and I know you will all pull through this. Don't hesitate to call me, even if you just need company to sit with you. 503-706-7545.
May God bless Miss Lillian as she plows through this obstacle!
Katie

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,
It's Maddy's Mom. I am sure we met somewhere in the halls of Doernbecher's in the months of November or December. We saw you again on Friday. I am sorry that Lillian is having such a hard time of it. I hope you guys get the patience and strength that you need at this time. Good luck. Maddy's website is www.caringbridge.org/visit/maddyjensen if you can't quite place us! =0)

Lexie's mommy said...

Lori and Jeff,
Just a note to say we're thinking of you and your little ray of sunshine. I too, have friends and family praying that Lillian recovers soon and continues on to kick cancer's butt! I can't even imagine what you're feeling right now and the decisions ahead. I ask God to help guide you both in the coming days and weeks.
Much love to you,
Robyn and family

Anonymous said...

Lori,
My prayers are with you. Love, Claudia

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.